Providing Lesotho's Children with Keys to the World

This is the story of our efforts to end the vicious cycle of poverty, disease, inadequate education, and early death
in a remote rural community in Lesotho, Africa, by providing quality education and life skills
to the young children there. Join us on our journey ...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Fw: Community empowerment - email from Valerie Taylor

----- Original Message -----
From: Valerie Taylor
To:Janissa Balcomb
Cc:Phil Bartle, Jonathon Tardif
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: Community empowerment

Hi Janissa

Phil and a group of wonderful volunteers have put together a users guide for community empowerment.
http://www.scn.org/cmp/

There are many good ideas presented in a very accessible manner. And if English is not the first language for community facilitators,
translations into other languages are available as well.

We really appreciated that you shared your work and look forward to
hearing more.

All the best
..Valerie


On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Janissa Balcomb
<janissa@silverstar.com> wrote:
> Hi Phil & Valerie,
>
> I welcome your input and suggestions for our Laptops to Lesotho project.  I'm completely new at
this; my background is not in community organization
 or even anything close.
>
> What questions didn't I answer? We are a very small, all-volunteer group, and I confess that I have to wear many unfamiliar hats while trying to juggle several other jobs. I often don't have time to keep the blog current with full details. And because of poor connectivity, information from the village is often delayed. But, I will try to answer any questions you have.
>
> It's kind of a long story how I got into this, but essentially the community contacted me and asked for help. I'm feeling my way as I go, so I appreciate all the help I can get.
>
> Thanks,
> Janissa
>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant to the blog post. No ads or promotions will be allowed in the comments of this blog. Comments with URLs that promote a business and Blog Names that redirect to a blog for a commercial concern will automatically be rejected.