We now have 6 volunteers who have positively committed to go to Lesotho in January 2013 to help with the teacher training and project development. Definitely going from the U.S., we have:
- Janissa Balcomb (L2L President, from Idaho)
- Craig Balcomb (L2L Volunteer & Janissa's brother, from Ohio),
- Sherrie Howey (L2L Board Member, from Colorado),
- Kathy Plath (L2L Volunteer, from Colorado), and
- Jennifer Selden (L2L Volunteer & Sherrie’s daughter, from North Carolina).
Definitely going from southern Africa, we have:
- Fortunate Gunzo (L2L Volunteer, from South Africa/Zimbabwe).
Janissa, Craig and Fortunate have been to Ketane before, Craig in 2010, Fortunate in 2011, and Janissa in 2010 & 2011. Kathy hasn't been to Ketane but traveled extensively elsewhere in Lesotho in the 1980s.
We have 6 more people from the U.S. and 2-3 people from South Africa still interested in going with us who may or may not be able to make it, depending on their schedules and finances.
There is A LOT of work to be done before and during the January 2013 trip. I would like to extend a special thanks to all these volunteers for their help.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.